Your complete satisfaction is more important to us than making a single sale. We want you to be confident
purchasing from us, and come back and buy from us again.
We try to provide complete, detailed descriptions of specimens, and note
any damage or repairs that we see. We try to provide representative and accurate photographs of specimens,
without enhancement. All photos are taking with daylight lamps. However, we are aware that it may be
difficult to determine specimen quality from a photograph. Viewing a photo of a specimen does not replace looking at the actual specimen in
person. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return the specimen for a full refund, excluding shipping costs.
How Our Website Works
We have tried to make it as easy to ask questions or place an order as it would be in person. Every specimen has buttons
to send an inquiry about that particular specimen, or to add it to your Shopping Cart. As a registered customer, you have the
ability to Reserve your selections for later, so you can shop at your leisure.
- Our Shopping Cart
- Use the "Add To Cart" button beneath the specimen photos to place items in the Shopping Cart.
- If you need more time to decide, you can Reserve your Cart and return to it later (up to 48 hours).
While your Cart is Reserved, no one else can purchase the specimens in your Cart.
You must be logged in to Reserve your Cart.
- If you have any questions about your Cart, such as shipping, or would like to make
an offer on specimens in your Cart, you can use the "E-Mail Inquiry" button
on your Reserved Cart to send us a note. We will respond, and your Cart
will remain Reserved beyond the normal 48-hour limit.
- You can view your Shopping Cart at any time by pressing
the "View Cart" button.
- If you navigate away from the site, and
haven't Reserved your Cart, the contents will be emptied.
- Once all specimens have been added, you can proceed though
a secure checkout process. We use PayPal as a third-party payment
processor. If you would rather not use PayPal, please send us a note using the
"E-Mail Inquiry" button on your Cart to make other arrangements.
- On checkout, our Cart automatically calculates shipping
and insurance using the US Postal Service's shipping estimator.
- International customers should ask about shipping before checkout, as it is difficult to calculate the correct and best
shipping and insurance rates.
- Specimens will be shipped within 3 business days after
payment is made.
- E-Mail Inquiry
- To ask a question about a specimen, click on the
"E-Mail Inquiry" button. You will be taken to our secure contact form, where you can send us a note about that particular specimen.
- You can send multiple e-mails in this manner, but its easier to add them to your Shopping Cart, Reserve them, and then ask about your Cart contents.
- We will usually respond in 24 hours unless we are
traveling and don't have internet access.
We accept several methods of payment, as detailed below:
- Personal Check,
Cashier's Check, Money Order
- Please send us a note from your Cart to make arrangements.
- Make checks payable to Bob Griffis Minerals
- Specimens will be shipped within 3 business days after the
- Verified PayPal accounts (linked to your bank account) have no
- Unverified PayPal accounts can only make transactions valued up to
$2000 per month
- Specimens will be shipped within 3 business days of payment
- Credit Card Payments
- We accept payment via major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard,
Discover, and American Express), via our service provider, PayPal.
- You do
not need to have an account with PayPal to purchase from us using
your credit card. PayPal is merely the processing agent for the
credit card transaction.
- This method is
completely secure, and your credit card information is never seen by us
or stored on our system at any time.
- Other Arrangements
The customer will pay all shipping costs incurred, including the
- WITHIN THE USA
- Specimens shipped within the United States will be sent using
the U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail (2-3 days), unless a customer
indicates an alternative shipping preference.
- All packages will be Insured for full value.
- Specimens will be sent via Express Mail International (3-5
days), unless a customer indicates an alternative shipping preference.
- All packages will be Insured for full value where possible,
and the full value declared on the appropriate customs declaration
- It is the customer's responsibility to pay all associated
customs or duty fees when minerals are being shipped internationally.
Our return policy is simple. If you don't like the
specimen, we want you to return it. The process for obtaining a refund is
described below. All monies paid for the specimen will be refunded
within 10 days of our receipt of the returned specimen in the same
condition as it was when sent to you.
- To return a specimen, please notify us immediately via email
prior to the return. A reason for the return would be appreciated
so we can improve our customer service.
- Within 15 days of your receipt of a specimen, you must send
notice of the return shipping tracking number.
- Specimens must be repackaged in the same manner we packed and
shipped it to you, and must be insured for the full amount. You
are responsible for any damage or loss that occurs to a specimen during
return shipment, so insurance is required to protect you. Please
be sure to pack the specimen carefully. If you need assistance,
please contact us.
- Once we recieve the specimen in the same condition as we sent
it, you will receive a full refund of the specimen price.
- Payments made by PayPal or credit card will be returned by the
same method. Mailed payments will be returned by check.
- Please note that returns will not be accepted if you do not
notify us of your intent to return it within the 15 day grace period.
Purchases billed to or shipped to a California address will be
subject to California sales tax.
Shipments Damaged in Transit
All shipments are sent insured for full value. If there is any
damage, please contact us immediately, and we will process the claim.
You are obviously not responsible for specimens that arrive damaged, and
will have your money returned promptly.
- All items are sold on a first come - first served basis; if
there is a conflict between customers on a specimen, the first person
to Reserve the specimen in the Shopping Cart will have first rights to the specimen.
- Our Shopping Cart will let you automatically place a reserve on a specimen for
up to 48 hours. If you are interested in a specimen, want a bit more time to
decide, and want to prevent another person from buying it until you
decide, please contact us.
- If you missed out on a specimen, or like one that is already
sold, please contact us and let us know. We carry a large stock of
specimens, many of which have not yet made it to the website, and we
may have something similar in stock.
- You may also send us your want lists to receive email updates
when minerals of a particular category or location become available for
- All specimens are subject to prior sale. So, you may see
a previously sold specimen become available again on the website.
Sometimes sales fall through, and sometimes we repurchase specimens
from our customers.
- Here's one of those legal disclaimers that our litigious
society makes necessary. Sorry, but please note that some
minerals may be toxic and/or contain heavy metals, and so all minerals
should be handled carefully. Never inhale or ingest mineral dust,
or lick specimens. Always wash your hands after handling
- Please remember that the color of the specimen may not appear
the same on your computer screen as the specimen in real life.
Although we calibrate the colors in the photo to match the specimen on
a calibrated monitor, if your monitor is not calibrated it will not
display the accurate colors. Also, some specimens are extremely
difficult to photograph, and may require other light sources to depict
what your eye would see. We will note to the best of our ability
any such issues in the specimen description.