Payments, Shipping & Returns
Your complete satisfaction is more important to us than making a single sale. We want you to be confident
purchasing from us, and come back and buy from us again.
We try to provide complete, detailed descriptions of specimens, and note
any damage or repairs that we see. We try to provide representative and accurate photographs of specimens,
without enhancement. All photos are taking with daylight lamps. However, we are aware that it may be
difficult to determine specimen quality from a photograph. Viewing a photo of a specimen does not replace looking at the actual specimen in
person. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return any specimen for a full refund, excluding shipping costs.
We accept several methods of payment, as detailed below:
- Personal Check,
Cashier's Check, Money Order
- Please send us a note from your Cart to make arrangements.
- Make checks payable to Bob Griffis Minerals
- Specimens will be shipped within 3 business days after the
- Verified PayPal accounts (linked to your bank account) have no
- Unverified PayPal accounts can only make transactions valued up to
$2000 per month
- Specimens will be shipped within 3 business days of payment
- Credit Card Payments
- We accept payment via major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard,
Discover, and American Express), via our service provider, PayPal.
- You do
not need to have an account with PayPal to purchase from us using
your credit card. PayPal is merely the processing agent for the
credit card transaction.
- This method is
completely secure, and your credit card information is never seen by us
or stored on our system at any time.
- Other Arrangements
The customer will pay all shipping costs incurred, including the
- WITHIN THE USA
- Specimens shipped within the United States will be sent using
the U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail (2-3 days), unless a customer
indicates an alternative shipping preference.
- All packages will be Insured for full value.
- Specimens will be sent via Express Mail International (3-5
days), unless a customer indicates an alternative shipping preference.
- All packages will be Insured for full value where possible,
and the full value declared on the appropriate customs declaration
- It is the customer's responsibility to pay all associated
customs or duty fees when minerals are being shipped internationally.
Our return policy is simple. If you don't like any
specimen, we want you to return it. The process for obtaining a refund is
described below. All monies paid for a specimen will be refunded
within 10 days of our receipt of the returned specimen in the same
condition as it was when sent to you.
- To return a specimen, please notify us immediately via email
prior to the return. A reason for the return would be appreciated
so we can improve our customer service.
- Within 15 days of your receipt of a specimen, you must send
us notice of the return shipping tracking number.
- Specimens must be repackaged in the same manner we packed and
shipped it to you, and must be insured for the full amount. You
are responsible for any damage or loss that occurs to a specimen during
return shipment, so insurance is required to protect you. Please
be sure to pack the specimen carefully. If you need assistance,
please contact us.
- Once we recieve the specimen in the same condition as we sent
it, you will receive a full refund of the amount you paid for the specimen.
If the returned specimen was part of a group of specimens which were
purchased with a combined discount, you will receive a refund equal to the
amount actually charged you for the specimen, as discounts are not applied
as a percentage of the the order but rather on a specimen-by-specimen basis.
- Payments made by PayPal or credit card will be refunded by the
same method. Mailed payments will be refunded by check sent via
- Returns will not be accepted if you do not
notify us of your intent to return the item(s) within the 15 day grace period.
Purchases billed to or shipped to a California address will be charged California sales tax.
You are responsible for paying any local sales taxes, use taxes or VAT, if
applicable in other jurisdictions.
Shipments Damaged in Transit
All shipments are sent insured for full value, unless you specifically and in
writing refuse such insurance. If there is any
damage on an insured package, please contact us immediately, and we will process the claim.
You are obviously not responsible for specimens that arrive damaged when
insurance has been purchased, and I will refund your money promptly, rather than you having to wait for postal
insurance to pay.